Ullapool High School will share provisional results with candidates on the afternoon of Wednesday, 23rd June following completion of our quality assurance checks.
COVID-19 MESSAGE FROM HIGHLAND COUNCIL - 20th August 2020
We are aware that positive cases of Covid-19 can cause some local anxiety in the community. Please be reassured that our Health Protection Team is working closely with colleagues within the Highland Council to continually monitor the situation in Highland. Guidance has been provided to teachers in all our schools regarding any incidence of Covid-19 or similar symptoms within the school community.
Pupils and staff should not attend school if any symptoms develop. Please inform the school.
The key message is don’t go to school or work if you are ill
For most people, Covid-19 will be a mild illness. If you develop symptoms you should remain self-isolating at home for 10 days from the date when your symptoms appeared, even if this takes you over the 14 day period currently advised.
Anyone with symptoms will be eligible for testing and further information on testing can be found on NHS Inform. In the event that you develop symptoms, all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Please also follow the five rules that are highlighted in the national FACTS campaign -
- Face coverings in enclosed spaces
- Avoid crowded places indoors or outdoors
- Clean your hands regularly and remember to clean hard surfaces that you might be touching
- Two metre physical distancing remains in place – this is especially important at the school gates when dropping off or collecting your children.
- Self-isolate and book a test if you have any of the symptoms of Covid19 - a cough, a temperature, or a loss of, or change in your sense of taste or smell
There is evidence of increasing transmission across Scotland. Covid19 is still here and it is important that everyone takes responsibility and follows the national guidance to keep them and others safe. Everyone in Highland, Argyll and Bute has a role to play to keep the number of positive cases as low as possible.
Of course it has not been possible for parents to attend our Leavers’ Assembly this year. However we were able to put together a presentation of the awarding of our Excellence prizes and the list of the recipients can be found in the June 2021 newsletter. This film can be accessed, for the month of July/August, on a secure YouTube link
Likewise, on Youtube, you can view the ‘best moments’ film which we have produced to celebrate our Leavers this year. It’s lovely to see how these pupils have blossomed since arriving at UHS in S1!
And the Art Dept has produced the following compilation of the fantastic work produced by students during lockdown – enjoy
DEVELOPING THE YOUNG WORKFORCE - APPRENTICE SHOWCASE
Please find below link provided by DYW to their website page which shows the advantages of being an apprentice.
Ullapool High School Archaeological Dig in association with DYW
IS YOUR CHILD HOPING TO STUDY AT UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE IN 2021?
The UCAS Parent Guide 2021 is designed to give guidance to anyone supporting a young person applying to study at a university or college in 2021.
Parents can sign up to receive emails, download the guide, and get top tips at www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/ucas-undergraduate-advice-parents-and-guardians.
The guidance team are happy to take calls or emails at any time of the year, on any issue.
Active Schools Link
Ben Bruce, our active schools co-ordinator, has set up a Facebook page to keep you up to date with opportunities in the area.
And here is a link to the Ullapool Community Sport Hub
Youth achievement drop in every Wed over lunch in Yvonne’s office in the High School.